Home Before & After Inspiration DIY About MeConsultation Fab & Frugal

Thursday, January 29, 2009

DIY

I am a self proclaimed Do It Yourselfer. Mind you, that does not mean that all my projects turn out perfectly every time, but every once in a while one does...and that's what keeps me coming back for more!

So this section is designated for those projects that are probably best left to the professionals. But hey, why not take a chance once in a while??? Variety is the spice of life right? Just don't ask my husband about our bathroom crown mouldings...:)

My 1st DIY that I will be tacking in a few weeks is this...



This is a new product that they sell at Lowes. Basically you are painting your counter tops to look like a stone finish. I have looked into doing this project on my own in the past, so I am glad to see that there is a product on the market that will take me through the steps. I must say though, that I will be adding some extras like metallic and real stone flecks to give it a more genuine look. The whole package sells for $248 at Lowes and with the extra metallic and stone flecks that I will be adding, the project will be up to about $300. Not bad for new counter tops!

Here are more pics of the product...



No comments:

Post a Comment