Home Before & After Inspiration DIY About MeConsultation Fab & Frugal

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Journey

It is that time of year again. I sit looking at the snow out my window in my jammies and a hot cup of tea...dreaming of Spring. This is the time of year where we are all working on keeping New Years resolutions while trying not to go stir crazy with a house full of little ones who are watching way too many cartoons than we care to admit.

And then there is me...I'm going through a crossroads in life. I am a mother of two, a business owner, a housekeeper, a cook, a playmate, a human pillow, and somehow find time to be a friend and lover to my husband...phew!

But I'm also a Decorator. A creator. A lover of design and creating beautiful spaces where life happens. I feel most alive when creating. I started a design business 5 years ago and a lot has changed since then. I am now a mom of two who can hardly find time to shower in the day let alone design! I'm just like you.

Why a blog? Hmmmmm, good question. Well, I'm a dreamer...I've always dreamed of being the "Rachael Ray" of home decor. A bit of an "everyman" decorator, if you will. I'm not a snob. I'm not going to reference Billy Baldwin and Herman Miller in an attempt to impress. I am, very simply, a mom...who has an eye.

So I am gifting myself this year. I will create or be inspired by something, anything, everyday. I will show all of you how I did it. I will show you my secrets, my cheats and my screw ups. Nothing is off limits. Some projects will be big, some small, some tiny, but all will be inspirational.

The kids are napping so my first project begins...A painted bathroom cabinet with a chocolate glaze finish. Should be beautiful!

Soooo...will you take this journey with me?

See you tomorrow:)

Tami

The Patient...boring, boring, boring.











The Inspiration...











Stay tuned for the big reveal...

No comments:

Post a Comment