Home Before & After Inspiration DIY About MeConsultation Fab & Frugal

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

All over the map...literally!

Here is a looooong overdue return to decorating, blogging and just home in general! The past 5 months have been the busiest of my life. I have been on numerous trips, hosted guests in my home, did a little decorating for clients, oh, and I managed to squeeze in caring for a 2 1/2 year old and almost 1 year old in my spare time:) I'm pooped! I am not complaining believe me...it has been FUN, inspiring, and we have created lasting memories. Pure bliss. But I have to admit, I am ready to head indoors. I am ready for some hot cider and pumpkin bread. I can't wait to cozy up next to our first fire of the season. Apple picking... Hay rides... Halloween... Thanksgiving... Christmas... I'm ready. And I am literally brimming with ideas that I can't wait to share!

So let me start by giving you a glimpse of a trip that I took this summer. Do you watch 9 By Design on Bravo? It is a must see if you love design and have a family! Bob and Courtney Novogratz own Six Design in NYC and it is their story of running a huge design business all while raising 7 kids...yes, 7 kids...the oldest of which is 12:) They are masters of mixing styles and creating art out of thrift store finds. They designed a hotel on the Jersey Shore and my husband and I went there for a few days for our 10 year anniversary. It was amazing. Here is a little tour to inspire...

The room...crisp white on white decor with bright pops of color. And the bed was heaven.



That's me hanging by the outdoor fireplace. Comfortable lounge area punctuated by these great hourglass tables and overflowing with atmosphere.



Anne Carrington's 'The Queen'. Her works were displayed in every guest room as well.



Another Anne Carrington piece.




Signature Bob and Cortney backlit letters.




The hallway. Such a great design technique-- wallpapering alternate walls. It really draws your eye down the hall without making you feel dizzy:)




The beach of course



I saved the best for last...that's my man! Isn't he cute:)

Ahhh...I'll just daydream here for a minute...

Okay, let's get back to business:) The long awaited Kitchen Countertops have been finished for awhile, and, well, you know...I've had no time to blog! BUT I'm ready to blog about them. I heart them. They make such a huge difference in my kitchen and I can't tell you how many people think they are granite. When I tell them they are painted, the reponse is always..."WHAT?!" I'll take that as a compliment:)

Here's a sneak peak...

Now let me get writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment